We are all so excited that we will officially begin the new school year tomorrow! It will be a half-day of school. Our PTA has arranged for a special welcome sign to greet our students which will be up all week. Feel free to take pictures with your child, but please do not block the traffic pattern to do so. For health and safety reasons, parents will not be allowed in the building unless they have an appointment. There will be staff at the doors to assist with anything the students are unable to carry themselves.
Here are a few important details to help us get started on a good note:
Drop-off and Pick-up:
Montessori -Kindergarten, 1st grade and second grade will enter at Door 18 which is in the small parking lot off of Ann Arbor Trail.
Montessori- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades will enter through Door 12 in the back of the school. Parents should enter the large parking lot at the corner of Warren Rd and Ann Arbor Trail and drive all the way around to the back of the school. If you have students in upper elementary and lower elementary, please drop off and pick them up together at Door 12.
For the safety of all, we ask that you drive slowly, carefully, and observe the one-way traffic flow patterns.
Special Education Programs- 8:25-11:30 (Doors will open for students at 8:15)
Montessori Program- 9:00-12:05 (Doors will open at 8:40 for breakfast) There will be a continuous entry beginning at 8:40. Students should remain in their cars until doors open for breakfast. There will be NO LINEUPS.
Covid Mitigation Plan:
To maintain the health and safety of our school environment the following measures will be implemented daily:
- All students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a mask indoor. There is no mask requirement outdoors.
- We will maintain 3-6 feet of social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- We will maintain seating charts to limit the number of students in close proximity and assist with any contact tracing as necessary.
- Visitors in the building are by appointment only (except to the office for business reasons)
- Parents should observe and screen students daily for symptoms of illness. If symptoms are present please call the office to excuse the absence 313-827-7000.
We appreciate your consideration, cooperation, and support to get our school year started out on a positive note!