With the temperatures rising, I wanted to share a reminder about clothing choices for the hot weather. Please keep in mind that our classrooms are air-conditioned and our goal is for students to be comfortable but modest and non-distracting. Our students like to climb on the play structure, swing, run, jump, and do cartwheels on the playground.
To be safe, modest, and appropriate we ask that our students’ attire meets the following standards:
- Pants and shorts must fit at the waist and cover undergarments and should be free of tears, rips, or holes so undergarments are not showing.
- Shirts should cover undergarments completely. Shirts must also cover the midriff (stomach).
- Skirts and shorts must be of appropriate length for playing freely.
- Clothing displaying offensive or inappropriate pictures or writing is not permitted.
- Sunglasses and hats are not to be worn inside the school building
- Safe footwear must be worn at all times. A backstrap is required on shoes. Flip-flops, slip-on sandals, and slippers are not permitted for safety reasons